“I love DIY, but I’m overwhelmed with choices
and don’t know where to start.”
Who you are:
As a “do-it-yourself person” you take great pleasure in choosing your own products and doing your own work. You have a great sense of color, want to work with what you have, and are pretty good at mixing textures and finishes. Finding the time to do it all isn’t a problem, because you don’t have a set deadline. For you an added bonus is the money you’ll save by doing the project yourself.
What your issues tend to be:
Even though you want to do the project on your own, you don’t know where to start. You find yourself either paralyzed with indecision, or spinning your wheels doing the same thing over and over. Hiring an interior designer to help you get going would be great, but you don’t know how. Having someone a phone call away to validate your choices and send you in the right direction is what you’ve been dreaming of. You just want to use a Designer’s Eye!
The best way to start:
- Sign up for our FREE special report Ideas to Installation: Your Guide to a Successful Home Makeover
- Call for your FREE 15 minute “get acquainted” call
- Join our Hands-on Home Makeover program
Hands-On Home Makeover ™
This program is designed for the homeowner who wants to save their “design dollars” to splurge on an item or two during their renovation. Because they have great taste, they want to be the one to hire the contractor, buy their own products, and choose their own fabrics. But they start to get overwhelmed and realize they need some help. Does this sound like you?
I’ve created this program so you can have a “designer in your pocket” for the three months that it might take to complete your project on your own. With so many choices and too many decisions, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and maybe even quit. When you have designer looking over your shoulder, guiding you through the process, answering your questions and validating your choices, you’ll have the confidence of knowing you’re not alone.
We start with a two-hour consultation in your home where we talk about your needs, dreams, budget and schedule. You’ll receive all the professional advice and guidance that I offer in the Get Started consultation. But I include so much more! Here is what you get with this program:
- A written report with all the notes and suggestions during our meeting. You’ll receive this within 48 hours.
- A step-by-step customized plan to get you started on the road to DIY success
- Suggestions on where to shop for the items you’ll need
- A Spending Plan spreadsheet to keep you on track during your project
- A customized job description that you can give to any potential contractor, including photographs of your existing space
- A list of questions to ask a contractor so you can hire the right company for your project.
- One follow-up phone call to make sure you’re on the right path. You choose the time it will help the most.
- 1 hour shopping trip to a showroom of your choice to narrow your choices and help you make decisions quickly
- Quick design detail of a small area, such as a new shower or a back splash
- Unlimited email access and text messages for 90 days so that you have peace of mind knowing I’m here to help validate your choices
The Hands-On Home Makeover isn’t just for kitchens and bathrooms. But to make the best use of our time together, you’ll need to choose one room or room area (ex.kitchen/laundry) per program. A “lite” version of this program is available upon request.