You’ve finally moved into your new home, and now the fun part begins! Your furniture is in place, and you’re probably wondering what to do next? Should you buy lamps, accessories, or accent rugs? Planning these final design details will truly make your home authentically yours. And the one thing that will make a huge impact on the space is a well-designed window treatment. Window Treatments in Atlanta are easily created because of the many designer fabric stores located here.
With so many fabrics and trims to choose from, it’s easy to get confused and overwhelmed. But before you give up in frustration, here are 6 tips to follow:
- Look through decorating magazines and on-line sites for style and color ideas that fit your lifestyle and the style of your home.
- Notice what you like and don’t like about each window treatment. Make a list of these so it’s ready to go.
- Keep the design simple. Your fabric, colors, and trim choices are what will make your window treatment stand out in your room.
- Lining is crucial to your window treatment. It’s used to protect the face fabric from the sun, and add body to the window treatment. Your drapery panels will hang beautifully, and look luxurious, when you include a layer of interlining. Blackout lining might be needed in your bedroom if you need the extra light protection.
- Think about how the treatment will be hung. Do you want a wooden pole with finials, or metal ones for your drapery panels? Should your valance be on a board or on a rod?
- Your team needs to include someone to measure your windows, make the window treatments and someone to install them. Interior designers and fabric stores will have their own trusted team in place to take care of this for you.
Once you’ve followed these steps and have an idea of what you want, getting in touch with an interior design expert to help you is the next step in the process. Because a designer is trained to know which styles will compliment your home, they can quickly create the design for you. By combining fabrics and colors, and knowing exactly where to go to find what you need, you’ll save time, money, and a lot of stress.
Whether you choose an independent interior designer, or get help from the staff at your local fabric store, creating your window treatments in Atlanta begins with taking your dream ideas and surrounding yourself with a team of experts to make your dream a reality. It’s the little details that can make all the difference between a home that is just OK and a home that reflects who you are and the life that you live.
Randi Destefano, ASID has been a trendsetter in the home remodeling and interior design industry for over 25 years. Her passion for color, fabrics, and creativity is what lead her focus her early career years on Window Treatments in Atlanta. To view Randi’s work and learn more about how she serves her clients, visit www.RandiDestefano.com . Call now at (404)213-8571 to schedule an appointment.