“Embrace your true companion within. Embrace your own wisdom. Truly the core of your being is so strong, so courageous. It is stronger than steel, more radiant than gold. So reach the core of your being. “
For weeks I’ve been meaning to go back to yoga class. You see, I’ve been putting it off by telling myself that I didn’t have time to drive there, didn’t have time to spend on the 90 minute class. What I didn’t realize is that by putting it off for such a long time, I was allowing chaos to invade my space, physically and mentally. So last Friday, at my whit’s end, I motivated myself to get out the door, into the car, and to the class. And from the moment I walked into the space, I felt calm, welcomed, and ready to learn the lessons of the day.
- Have a strong core. This message is two-fold. Not only does it mean standing tall and straight, it also refers to your inner thoughts and beliefs. When your core is strong and centered, the chaos and turmoil around you will have little or no impact on you. Take the time to listen to that little voice inside of you. You know, the one that reminds you of your beliefs and values. The one that tells you know what makes you happy.
- Set an intention for your practice. Focus on what you want to get out of it TODAY.
- Listen to your body. Do only what you can do today. Don’t worry that it’s less than yesterday. Each day is different.
- Don’t compare yourself to your neighbor. They aren’t you. Their intention and their body rhythm is going to be different than yours. They are unique to themselves as you are to you.
- Don’t fuss with your “costume”. Stay focused on your intention to keep distractions at bay. They will only cause you to lose focus and delay your progress.
- Make a list of your values and core beliefs. Set a timer for 10 minutes and let your mind flow with ideas. Write whatever comes to mind without being judgmental. Do you love entertaining? Spending quality time with your family?
- When you’ve finished, go through the list and place them in order of importance.
- Think about how these values can be applied to make your home more authentic.
Still unsure how to move forward? We would love to help! Call Randi today at (404)213-8571 and visit www.authenticlivinginteriors.com for a free 15 minute phone consultation.